Sunday, December 4, 2011

You're probably Stevie Wondering why I made ANOTHER blog.

Alright, so I realize that I don't have a very good reputation for keeping up with a blog once I start one, but I thought about this one for a while (about 5 minutes) tonight on my drive back to Wrightsville Beach. I want to have somewhere to keep track of my thoughts and weekly happenings for myself, and also to share with you.

The "Signed, Sealed, DELIVERED." title came from the fact that over the past year or so I have been intrigued by this thought of God having delivered us out of the slavery of sin and death. It started with my liking for the song "Deliver Us" from The Prince of Egypt and then a couple of other things just came up since then. Most recently, I was listening to the song "Raised Me Up" by Aaron Keyes that says "You have delivered me 'cause you delight in me......" and from then I just thought , Wow, I really should think more about this and what it means that Christ has really delivered us out of captivity from Satan.

We can also read about this in 2 Samuel 22:20 and again in Psalms 18:19 which both read: "He led me to a place of safety; He rescued me because He delights in me." This is such a huge action of Christ's love for US -- yes US...not just me or Billy Graham or whomever other individual, but EVERYONE...yes, that includes YOU and EVERYONE YOU CAN THINK OF -- to realize and accept. When I think of deliverance, sometimes I think of Nelson Mandela or Abraham Lincoln or some other historical figure/happening that made a huge impact on some large part of the world. How about Jesus?? Jesus dying for ALL OF THE WORLD is a pretty huge historical happening, too, and we should not forget His deliverance of all mankind. WE have been delivered and that is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment